Last Updated: April 28, 2021
Younique may collect two different types of information: Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) and Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-PII”).
PII is information that identifies you as an individual or from which you are identifiable. This may include:
- information (such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, social media account information, including without limitation Facebook, Google+, and Instagram, birth date, taxpayer identification number and/or social security number, credit card information, billing address, IP address, images, purchase history, and shipping information) that you provide (i) by completing forms on the Site or the Apps, including any information you provide during the registration process to become a Younique Presenter or customer, or any information you provide to purchase products, or (ii) in connection with any Services, including if you register, upload, or submit any material via the Site or the Apps or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- the content of any communications you send to us, for example, to report a problem or to submit questions, concerns, or comments regarding the Site, the Apps, the Services, our products, or any related content, as well as your preferred method of communication; and
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site, the Apps, or in connection with the Services, for research purposes, if you choose to respond to or participate in such surveys.
If you are a Younique Presenter, we may also collect your commission and bonus information. PII may also be collected from, among other places, information you provide directly to us, information regarding products or services that Younique currently provides or has previously provided to you, or information Younique receives from our affiliated entities, other Younique Presenters, or third parties relating to the establishment of our relationship or the provision of services to you. This information can be received in any manner, including via in-person discussions, telephone conversations, and electronic or other written communications.
The provision of PII by you is necessary in order for us to fulfill our legal and contractual obligations with you and for the purposes identified below where in our legitimate interests. You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send or otherwise disclose to us any information that is considered a “special category of personal data” under EU data protection laws (such as information related to your health). Where we specifically request such information, we will seek your prior explicit consent to do so. You are under no obligation to provide any such information and do so on a strictly voluntary basis to help Younique resolve any questions or complaints you have about our products. Younique will not use such information for any other purpose and will only retain it as long as necessary to resolve your question or complaint.
Non-PII is aggregate information. This may include demographic information, user behavior data from web interaction metrics tools, and any other information that does not reveal your identity. Non-PII may be connected to other information we collect from you.
Younique may use PII about you for the following purposes: (i) to establish or maintain our relationship with you; (ii) to contact you and respond to your requests and inquiries; (iii) to provide you with services you have requested; (iv) to keep you informed of products and services we think may be of interest to you; (v) to personalize your experience with us; (vi) to assist you while you use the Site, the Apps, or the Services; (vii) for business administration, including statistical analysis; (viii) to improve the Site, the Apps, or the Services by helping us to understand who uses the Site, the Apps, and/or the Services and how they are used; (ix) for fraud prevention and detection; and (x) to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and codes of practice.
Younique may share PII about you with others, such as our affiliates, other Younique Presenters, government entities and regulatory bodies, those with whom you have requested us to share information, and third parties in order for them to provide us with services (including, for example, companies that provide us with technical support and assistance with respect to the Site, the Apps, or the Services, financial institutions who process payment for orders placed by you, our suppliers and other third parties who facilitate delivery of the products and services you have ordered, and third parties who assist us with research to help us improve the Site, the Apps, the Services, and our product offerings).
If you inquire about our products, services, or the Younique business opportunity, we may provide your contact details to a Younique Presenter in your local area to respond to your inquiry. Additionally, if you purchase Younique products or set up a customer account with us, we may share your name, location, contact details, and purchase history with Younique Presenters to help them establish and maintain a relationship with you. If you are a Younique Presenter, your name, location, contact details, and performance may be shared with other Younique Presenters. Additionally, PII about you may be shared with customers.
Younique requires third parties who perform services for us to agree to treat PII about you confidentially and securely and only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf. NOTE THAT THIS STATEMENT DOES NOT ADDRESS THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OR POLICIES OF OUR
INDEPENDENT YOUNIQUE PRESENTERS. However, Younique Presenters agree, as specified in our Younique Independent Presenter Agreement, to comply with all applicable privacy laws and regulations.
Because Non-PII does not personally identify you, we reserve the right to use Non-PII, and to disclose Non-PII to third parties, for any purpose.
Individuals in the EEA, UK and Switzerland have certain data subject rights which may be subject to limitations and/or restrictions. These rights include the right to: (i) request access to and rectification or erasure of their PII; (ii) obtain restriction of processing or to object to processing of their PII; and (iii) ask for a copy of their PII to be provided to them, or a third party, in a digital format. If you wish to exercise one of the above-mentioned rights, please send us your request to the contact details set out below. Individuals also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of their PII with their local data protection authority.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides individuals in California with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes those rights and how to exercise them.
Younique will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA.
Right to Deletion
California residents have the right to ask Younique to delete any personal information that Younique has collected about you. Upon receiving and confirming your verifiable consumer request (as described below under “How to Exercise Your Rights Under the CCPA”), Younique will delete your personal information from our records and tell our service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
In complying with your request to delete your personal information, we may erase some information and we may deidentify some information. In cases where we deidentify your information, we implement technical safeguards and business processes to prohibit reidentification and to protect against the inadvertent release of such information.
Please note that there are instances where Younique may not be able to comply with your deletion request if it is necessary for Younique to keep such information in order to, among other things, provide goods or services requested by you, maintain our ongoing business relationship with you, comply with our legal obligations, protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, or perform such other necessary activities as permitted under the CCPA.
Right of Access
California residents have the right to ask Younique to disclose certain information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Upon receiving and confirming your verifiable consumer request, we will provide you with the following information:
- (a) the categories of personal information Younique has collected about you;
(b) the categories of sources from which we collected your personal information;
(c) the business or commercial purpose for which we collect or sell your personal information;
(d) the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information;
(e) the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you; and
(f) whether we have sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose and, if so, (1) a list identifying the categories of personal information that each category of recipient purchased and (2) a list identifying the categories of personal information that each category of recipient obtained.
Please note that Younique will not retain any personal information that we do not normally keep as part of our regular business practices.
We will provide you with the requested information free of charge up to two (2) times in a 12-month period. We may elect not to respond to requests that are unfounded, repetitive, harassing, or excessive.
How to Exercise Your Rights Under the CCPA
If you are a California resident and wish to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, please submit a request to Younique by either:
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Writing to us at:
- Younique, LLC
- Attn: Legal
- 3400 Mayflower Avenue
- Lehi, Utah 84043
Please include the following information in your request:
- Whether you want to access your data or have Younique delete your data.
- Your first and last name; the email address you use to interact with Younique; your ZIP code; your Customer or Younique Presenter ID number (if you have one), and the order number or description of products purchased for the last order you placed with Younique (if any).
- Whether you are making the request for yourself or for someone for whom you are authorized to act as a designated agent.
- Proof of your authorization to act as a designated agent, if you are making the request on behalf of someone else.
We will use the information above to verify your identity to make sure we do not provide or delete your personal information in response to a fraudulent request. The more requested information you can provide us, the better we will be able to respond to your request. For your protection, we may reach out to you to ask for additional information to help us identify you or to verify that you want your information deleted. If we are unable to confirm that the individual making the request is the same person about whom we have collected personal information, we will not be able to complete your request.
We will typically provide the requested information or confirm that we have complied with your request to delete your personal information within 45 days. We will notify you within that time period if we will need additional time to process your request.
Collection, Sale, and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Under the current definitions contained in the CCPA, Younique does not sell, and has not sold in the past 12 months, any of your personal information.
Younique has disclosed, within the past 12 months, the following categories of personal information to our service providers, as well as with any third party with whom you have instructed us to share this information:
- Identifiers, which we collect to enable your use of our Sites, services, and products, to communicate with you, to understand how you interact with our Sites, services, and products, to improve our products, services, and other offerings, to help detect and prevent against fraud, and to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and codes of practice;
- Personal Information collected under California Civil Code Section 1798.80, which we collect to enable your use of our Sites, services, and products, to communicate with you, to understand how you interact with our Sites, services, and products, to improve our products, services, and other offerings, to help detect and prevent against fraud, and to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and codes of practice;
- Commercial Information, which we collect to enable your use of our Sites, services, and products, to communicate with you, to understand how you interact with our Sites, services and products, and to improve our products, services, and other offerings;
- Internet Activity, which we collect to enable your use of our Sites, services, and products, to communicate with you, to understand how you interact with our Sites, services, and products, to improve our products, services, and other offerings, to help detect and prevent against fraud, and to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and codes of practice; and
- Audio, Electronic, Visual, Thermal, Olfactory, or Similar Information, which we collect to enable your use of our Sites, services, and products, to communicate with you, to understand how you interact with our Sites, services, and products, to improve our products, services, and other offerings, to help detect and prevent against fraud, and to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and codes of practice.
Younique maintains reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect PII from loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Our personnel and the personnel of our affiliates are provided access to PII about you only if they have a need to know the information in connection with a legitimate business purpose, such as (a) the provision of services to you or (b) to help identify other services that Younique and its affiliates offer that may be of interest or use to you.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer by a website that uses the cookie to store information about your use of the website to help users navigate websites efficiently, as well as to provide
information to the owner of the website. There are two general types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are only used during a single session online and will be deleted once you leave a website. Persistent cookies have a longer life and will be retained by the website and used each time you visit a website. Both session and persistent cookies can be deleted by you at any time through your browser settings.
The Site, the Apps, and the Services may, from time to time, contain links to external sites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for these third-party sites or the content of such third-party sites. Once you have left the Site, the Apps, or the Services, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement for any websites you visit.
We may contact you periodically by e-mail, social media, or text to provide information regarding events, products, services, and content that may be of interest to you, unless you advise us that you do not wish to receive marketing or market research communications from us. If applicable law requires that we receive your explicit consent before we send you certain types of marketing communications, we will only send you those types of communications after receiving your explicit consent.
If you wish to stop receiving marketing or market research communications from us, or would like us to stop processing your PII in any other way, you can contact us as described below to let us know what types of communications you wish to stop receiving.
The Site, the Apps, and the Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect PII from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Site, the Apps, or the Services, or on or through any of their features, do not make any purchases through the Site, the Apps, or the Services, and do not use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Site, the Apps, or the Services. If we learn we have collected or received PII from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us as described below.
Younique, LLC, Younique International Holdings, LLC, and Younique DISC Corporation have self-certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks (together the “Privacy Shield”). Although, we no longer rely on the Privacy Shield as a mechanism to legitimize the international transfer of PII, Younique has committed to subject to the Privacy Shield Principles (the “Principles”) all PII previously transferred in reliance on the Privacy Shield. In turn, onward transfers of such PII to a third party will be made in accordance with the Principles and Younique remains liable under the Privacy Shield where any third party service provider processes such PII in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, except where Younique is otherwise not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage. Our participation in the Privacy Shield is subject to investigation and enforcement by the Federal Trade Commission. In compliance with the Principles, after you have contacted us at email@example.com, Younique has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you. If we are unable to resolve your concerns, or you do not receive a timely acknowledgement of your complaint, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint for more information and to file a complaint. Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/.